Thursday, February 6, 2014

Celebrating Life

Just celebrated my birthday. 
I was reminded of what I already knew. 
I have a great family, great friends, and a great life. 
This wasn't a BIG birthday...I remember those!

When I turned 30, my brother in law managed to put a huge sheet that stated GAIL IS 30 up in my trees...WAY up in my trees, with a light to boot!  That way everyone could see day or night that I hit the big 30.
When I turned 40, I told my husband that we needed to get away!  Away we did.  Charleston, South Carolina.  A great way to spend turning 40. 

I received birthday blessings from near and far.  A keepsake card from a dear friend in CA, and a letter from my dear Aunt.  We share the same birthday.  I love receiving mail from her.  With texts and email and facebook these days, I just cherish the handwritten words I receive. 

My accountant sent me some "News of the Past."
I found it intriguing. 

When I was born, Lyndon B. Johnson and Hubert H. Humphrey were the President/VP. 
The  first successful heart transplant was performed in the USA.
Peggy Fleming successfully defends her world figure skating title.  Timely information as the Winter Olympics start today.
The Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl II!  I didn't know that!!! 

In 1968, a gallon of milk was $1.21     NOW it is $3.52
               a new home  $40,000             NOW it is $199, 500.00
WOW!

Did you do anything, OR, did someone else, for a BIG birthday that was out of the ordinary? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment