Thursday, November 26, 2015

Grateful

It's quiet in the house this morning.
But, not for long.

I'm hosting  Thanksgiving.
 
As I sit here in front of my computer, I started a list of all the things I am thankful for.
It's getting long.

Do I deserve it all?  Me, worthy? Hardly.

My house smells of blueberry pie and there is a candle burning on my desk.

Last night I got to welcome home my grown son. I squeezed and hugged him lots. Daughter beware. Your turn awaits when  you arrive this morning!

Soon, my taste buds will salivate with all the bounty that will pass through my lips. I will try not to binge.

I look around at the table I've set.  I can already hear the laughter.  

Taste
Smell
See
Hear
Touch

5 gifts I take for granted on a daily basis.

5 senses that I got when I took my first breath.

Today I will reflect on these undeserving gifts, and just be thankful.  

Happy Thanksgiving.




  


No comments:

Post a Comment