Monday, December 28, 2015

English joys

Known as the Queen's speech, the Queen of England speaks each Christmas Day. She is eloquent and wise.  One classy lady.  Have you heard it? If not, click the link below. The speech lasts about nine minutes. Well worth your time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mzor6Hf1tY

Want to see a few gifts I received for Christmas?  I will show you anyway!
New mug! In this photo, I filled it to the brim with hot cocoa! Topped it off with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a candy cane to stir! It will be my tea mug! Sketches of Big Ben, a Double Decker bus, High Tea, Hyde park, and fish and chips will take me to my happy place on a daily basis!

Received this box from my daughter's special guy in her life. He gave me 4 different kinds of tea, also.  The white chocolate peppermint is my favorite.  If he is trying to make brownie points, it's working!
Unless you have been living under a rock, you know that Downton Abbey starts its last season here in America on Sunday the 3rd. I found this quiz in our Sunday paper. So much for thinking I knew so much about the show. I got 4 wrong! Here's a sample question:

            What is the title of the magazine that Lady Edith inherits from Michael Gregson?
             a) The Illustrated London News
             b) Country Life
              c) The Sketch

I said A...which is WRONG!!!
The correct answer is C.

Will you be watching?





No comments:

Post a Comment