Thursday, October 20, 2016

Where I come from.

Admittedly, Halloween is not my favorite holiday.

Scaring children, dressing up like the grim reaper? Really? This is fun? Ummm...don't think so!

This is more my style...


Finding flower arrangements dressed in brilliant oranges and stunning reds.

Seriously though, the Halloween capitol of the world is where I come from. There really is such a place.
Anoka, MN
http://www.ci.anoka.mn.us/

This is where I grew up.
So did a few famous people.
Those being...

U.S. Representative, Michelle Bachman
1989 Miss America, Gretchen Carlson
and Garrison Keillor.

I once saw Garrison Keillor in the grocery store of all places. Not in Anoka. Actually it was in Wisconsin! I could not pass up the opportunity to speak with him. I discreetly approached him and asked him if he had been to Anoka lately. He laughed that undeniable chortle and there began a lovely conversation. He is a wonderful human being.

Anoka got its name in the history books back in the 1920s. The festivities started, "to divert its youngsters from Halloween pranks..."

October 28 and 29, Anoka will be celebrating their Capitol status in Halloween style. It really is a sight to behold. Floats and bands WANT to be invited to these parades. Truly, one of the best parades in all of the midwest. If you happen to be in the area, check it out.

http://anokahalloween.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment