Thursday, January 11, 2018

It's his birthday

January 11. The day my hubby entered the world.

He's the baby of his family. His siblings likely would say he was spoiled! I'd say he is just loved. A lot.

I remember so well the days when my dear mother in law was in her final weeks of life. I hung on her every word and just wanted to be near the woman who gave my husband life.

I whispered to her, "Thank you for giving me Dale."  She sat up a little straighter. Had a little gleam in her eye as she nodded in my direction. Oh how she loved him.  Oh, how I do too.

He is a good man. I'm so grateful he is in my world. He is a wonderful husband and father.

Dale loves an adventure. He gets me to do some pretty crazy things.

We drove to Yellowstone a few years ago. "Wouldn't it be fun to camp in a tent instead of staying in a hotel?" SAID NO WOMAN EVER! Only a man would suggest such a dumb idea! 

I rebutted.  "Are you nuts? There are animals roaming everywhere." 

"Oh, we probably won't even see one the whole time we're there," he said. 

"Want to bet?" 

There were animals. BIG ONES! 
Look at this bad boy!
And this one! RIGHT by our campsite.  Dale thought it was cool.
We slept in the van. 

We've hiked a lot of the national parks, including a trek to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
England, Italy, and Spain have been checked off the bucket list.

Dale has jumped out of an airplane (FOOL!!) and loves to hop on his motorcycle. I love looking at pictures as we have seen and done many many fun, and yes sometimes crazy, escapades.

He's a handful! But, I love him so much and can't wait to see what this next year will bring.

Happy birthday, honey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment