Thursday, May 17, 2018

Notes

When was the last time you received a handwritten note?

Better yet, when was the last time you wrote one?
"It's a dying art."

"In contrast to a phone call, a handwritten note doesn't arrive demanding to be read when you've just sat down to dinner; it courteously lets you know who sent it even before you open it;"

"...the act of writing them enables you to choose better words..."

Isn't that last line so true? I think so.

I'm doing good with writing a letter a day in this year of my jubilee.

Doing this is so inspirational for me.

Recently, I was on the receiving end of such a letter. Handwritten. And just the right words speaking to me as I wait for my ear surgery.

By the way, it's next Tuesday...my surgery.
But wow, I adore this note. On these days when I am waiting for my ear surgery, it has been a salve to my soul. It feels like medicine. And maybe, just maybe, if I read it enough times, the pain in my ear might just go away...if only for a little while.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment