Monday, March 25, 2019

Ambling through the village

Giggling. I heard it, but couldn't find the source.
I looked to the left. Then the right. Nothing.

More giggles.
"Up here. We're up here!"
It took me a moment, but there they were. Two girls. Up in a tree! I totally wasn't expecting that!
And wow, they were WAY UP there!
We had ourselves a good little chat and then in motherly fashion, I told them to be careful. 
They promised, "We will." And then off we went on our merry way.

That moment. I loved it. The innocence of climbing a tree on a perfectly sunny day. Two friends. Risking life and limb for a birds eye view!
I much prefer to have my feet firmly planted on the ground!
This was our walk up to Chawton House from the Jane Austen museum.
The Great House was owned by Jane Austen's brother, Edward. Jane spent lots and lots of time here.
There is a church on the property.
I love to wander through old churches. I think about those who gathered and what their stories were.
This is a statue of Jane Austen as you enter the graveyard. Jane is not buried here, but in Winchester Cathedral.
However, her mother and sister are.
Jane died quite young. I'm sure it must have been so difficult for both mother and sister to carry on without Jane. 
I loved capturing dreaming spires while on holiday.
The windows and doors always intrigued me.
    And of course, I never missed a chance for tea and scones!

No comments:

Post a Comment