Thursday, July 18, 2019

Favorite Author

While I was on holiday in Hawaii a few months back, I had the distinct privilege of meeting  my favorite author, Robin Jones Gunn.
Lovely doesn't begin to describe her. Our time together will be a forever treasured memory for me.
I've dreamed of a moment such as this for many years. It was more than I could have asked for. Such a delight.

Well, fast forward to last weekend. I attended a writers conference in which Robin was the keynote speaker, and guess what? (Insert squeals here!)
I GOT TO SEE HER AGAIN. Yep! AGAIN!

I love the verse in Ephesians 3:20 "....now to Him who is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to Him be the glory..."

I was able to spend some time with her alone on a few occasions throughout the conference. She is joy. She is real.
I still am processing all that I learned and  I realized while driving home after the conference that I hadn't taken one photo of her and I. 
Would I have liked to? Of course.
But, I have some of us from our time together in Hawaii. Mostly, I know in my soul what was said between two women who dare to ask God for the moon.

Thank you for obeying the call to write, Robin. The blessing is in the obedience and I have been so blessed because you obeyed.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment