Monday, March 23, 2020

Shakespeare said it best

"Parting is such sweet sorrow..."
Just when we were getting the hang of driving on the wrong side of the road in the UK, it was time to leave.
"Look! A Black Taxi."

Hubby wasn't going to miss my gasps, yelps and squeals as I pointed out each one as it passed by. Nope. Not going to miss that at all.
There's another one.
Coming, rather than going. I liked that better.
I made this little potpourri craft at the Jane Austen House Museum. I knew I'd have to give it up before departing the UK. I so badly wanted to stuff it in my bag, but that would be illegal. SIGH.
I wonder if we'll habitually get in on the wrong side back in America? 
Because this is how it's done across the pond.
I'm reflecting on the fact we really did drive in the UK. And we didn't get in an accident. That's pretty epic. A miracle. 
Do we have to leave?
I want to stay. Please, can I stay a long while more?
When will I see you again?
This happy place land with words like  'trolley' and 'lift' because doesn't that sound much more fairy tale like than 'cart' or 'elevator?'

Until we meet again. Until then. 





No comments:

Post a Comment