Friday, January 11, 2013

eventful

the year has surely started out eventful.  Maybe not favorably eventful in all ways, but none the less, eventful.

We buried my uncle.  Eventful.

A somber occurrence it was.  I am still processing all that.  But, I will say, there were some comical moments.
"Does anyone have a toothbrush?  I forgot mine."   or
the epic larger than life question.."does anyone have a shirt I can borrow?  I forgot my suit at home!"
or
deciding to sleep on the couch instead of taking a bunk in the room with 3 larger than life man cousins whose soul goal in life is to one up the others in the gas business if you catch my drift!
Humor.  It is good for the soul.

Being treated for pneumonia.  Eventful.

I had to look up how to spell it!  Sounds like "newmoanya" to me!
Staring at the same four walls is getting old.  The treatment is actually pretty effortless.  Antibiotics and rest.  I am at the antsy stage. I think I have coughed every ailing droplet out of my lungs.  My chest is feeling more like a monkey is sitting on it now, instead of an elephant.  These antibiotics are wonder drugs.  They are the cure.  Now if there were a cure for their side effects!!
Hope all of you are well rested and not getting any bugs.

Happy Birthday Dale(my husband).  Eventful.

Today 1-11...a gem was born.  He left with our kids to a motorcycle show.  I think they will have more fun without me.  Carrot cake-his favorite.
There is so much I can say about this husband of mine on his birthday.  I will leave it at ..he is a gem, noone better, awesome husband, amazing father.  Full of integrity and all that is good.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment