Thursday, April 24, 2014

Excitement in a friend's life

"We want your book."

Writers wait a very long time to hear those words. 
I am thrilled that my writer friend Brenda heard those words not long ago. 
She has in her hands her new published book. 

She is one of the firsts that I met when I walked in to my first writer's group meeting  just over a year ago now.   Many thoughts went through my head....

What am I doing here?
I can pretend that I walked into the wrong door and walk right back out.
Breathe.
Sweat starting to pool on my forehead
You can't write

I walked in and was warmly welcomed.  I knew I was in good company.  Writers.  The whole meeting was full of encouragement and a writing lesson.  The lesson was about obstacles and tension in a story.  "Make your reader care."  "Build conflict." 
I am happy to report I know a little bit more than I did when I walked in that room, but I have so much more to learn.  That is the fun of  this craft of writing.  LEARNING. 
I am meeting the most amazing and intriguing people.  That first meeting,  I was invited to a book release party.  Didn't even know what that was, but I was going!  I did go and it was really fun to celebrate with that author.
Just like now...celebrating with Brenda Anderson.
Her book is called Chain of Mercy.
It released April 22.

You can read all about her at her website...
www.brendaandersonbooks.com
Thanks for being so welcoming to me when I first started at ACFW MN NICE Brenda.
I am over the moon thrilled for you with your release.  I can't think of anyone more deserving.  Your perseverance is an example to every writer to keep pressing on. 
Congratulations. 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Gail! You are one of the most exuberant, gracious persons I know. I can't wait to cheer you on at your debut release!

    I keep the verse Philippians 3:13-14 next to my compute at all times, encouraging me to keep pressing on. :) It's hard at times, but always worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda.
    Smiling here!!!

    Enjoy this momentous, wonderful time in your life. What a legacy.
    Thanks for the verse.
    Blessings...Love Gail

    ReplyDelete