Thursday, December 11, 2014

$5325.09

Staggering number isn't it?

We thought so too.

$5325.09.

We recently brought our vehicle in to have the usual upkeep done.
We soon found this would be no ordinary visit.  Nope.  This service call would lend us a loaner for about two weeks.
Plenty was going wrong with our car.  The number says it all!

I could tell by the next to zero eye contact,  that the technician did not want to be the one bearing the bad news to us.
Can't blame him.  If I were him I would have declared, "don't kill the messenger!"

What a blow...and right around the holidays.  We had to sit.
We wiggled and sat with our heads hung low.  I could have cursed, but bit my lip.  Dollar signs floated in the air like exhaust fumes, making it hard for us to breathe.
The car I loved with the heated seats and the race car steering wheel was at the moment, a money pit. A bicycle would be worth more.  At least it could move!

We were on our way to being major bummed when the same tech came up to us and gave us perhaps the best news someone who has car issues could ever hear...
GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!   "Your vehicle is STILL UNDER WARRANTY!"

 We did a happy dance right then,  and you can bet this news made a full page in my gratitude journal!  I still am smiling.
I am grateful to turn the key on my Jetta and now it works!

Cars often have unexpected problems that seem to come at the worst times don't they?

What a gift to have our warranty still in place.

Makes me think of another gift wrapped in a manger all those years ago.

In Isaiah 9:6 it says, "...Unto us a child is born...He shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Prince of Peace....."   And in Luke 2:10  "...Do not be afraid...I bring you good news of great joy...Today a Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord......Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom His favor rests......"

The GOOD NEWS of Jesus.  The reason for the season.
I wish you a Merry Christmas.






No comments:

Post a Comment