Monday, February 9, 2015

In my glory!

I had the privilege of getting away to Chicago this weekend!
Never been, so it was really a treat.

Perhaps the highlight being Afternoon tea at the Drake Hotel.  I'm told Princess Diana stayed there!
After seeing the hotel, I can see why.  Quite elegant.

My lovely afternoon in pictures...

The hotel reminded me of the Ritz in London.
We were seated right next to the enchanting harp.  Oh the girl could play!  Lovely.  Simply lovely.
I loved the china design and the loose leaf tea strainer.  Such elegance!
 We feasted on these...cucumber sandwiches, egg salad, scones, macaroons.  The usual tea delicacies!
 Cute swan!  But not too cute...I ATE the whole thing!
I would highly recommend tea at The Drake.  Oh...and make sure you use the "powder room."  There were a few women that walked in at the same time, and our reactions were the same.  "Whoa!  I've never seen a bathroom like this before!"  FANCY!!!  Each guest had their own private room!  Close the door and you have your own toilet and sink!
The Drake Hotel is a class act.  Loved every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment