Thursday, February 12, 2015

Traveling by train

We took the train for the first time last weekend.
My only advice would be to know that it may take awhile to arrive at your destination.
Freight trains have the right of way...ahead of the passenger trains.

It can make for a long ride.
You just can't be in a hurry.  And sometimes, that is just fine.

So, we made our way to the depot ...through the doors..
 and our adventure begins!
The walls had scenes from days gone by.  Made me think of  those folks who  passed through this station having somewhere to get to.  What was their destination?  Why were they going there?
     Here comes our train.
A real live conductor!  "May I see your ticket maam?"  I felt like I was on the Polar Express!
We were glad we booked a sleeper car.  Much more room, and a bit of privacy.  Two meals came with the booking also.  I happened to be up in the lounge car reading, and came down to the sleeper car a few hours later only to find my husband and belongings...gone!
I searched two cars...and couldn't find him or our stuff!  I thought he fell off the train!  I looked again and was just about to get some help when I noticed my luggage as I peered into one of the rooms.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked as I stepped inside.

He smiled and said, "They moved us.  We've been upgraded!"

"Why?"

"What do you mean why? Who cares!  Isn't this great?!"

I still don't understand how that happened, but it really was great!  Even more room AND a private bathroom!
We will be traveling by train again!





No comments:

Post a Comment