Monday, March 23, 2015

Book titles

Do you pick up a book by the title?  Cover photo?  Someone's recommendation?  

These are the reasons I am now on page 42 in this book...
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, a novel by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

The title alone screams, "Read me" don't you think?!

It is a novel written completely in letters from the year 1946.

 I am getting to know some of the characters...Sidney and Juliet, Sophie, Mr Adams, Markham.  Markham is asking Juliet out on a date after sending her bouquets of flowers...anonymously.  Juliet writes..."I'm getting a nervous twitch, waiting for him to come out of hiding and make himself known..."

I can't wait to get to the part where Juliet sails to Guernsey, a British island, to meet the society.  

Have you read this book?  Did you like it?
What do you think of a novel written in letters?
I love to write letters, so it hooked me right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment