Thursday, March 19, 2015

Just because

"Just because" does wonders for the soul doesn't it.

Out of nowhere, someone does something out of the ordinary,  and it just really makes the day brighter.

My co-worker and friend, Pam, gifted me with these beauties the other day.
Shortbread cookies.
I have to say that these are among the BEST cookies I have ever had.  Maybe its the amount of butter in them or maybe its  the chocolate chips.   Whatever the ingredients, they sure are hard to resist!  And no, those are NOT nuts...those are toffee bits.  Pam knows how much I DO NOT like nuts in things.  I like nuts, just not IN food!  No cookies, no breads...no nothing.  NO NUTS!
Almonds, peanuts, walnuts...I love them all.  They just have to be separate!

These cookies are filled with lots of things that are not exactly healthy!    Probably why they are sooooo good!  Once in awhile, I believe in splurging.  These are worth every single calorie.

What have you done out of the ordinary for someone lately?




No comments:

Post a Comment