Thursday, April 30, 2015

Stairs

Last year I got pretty serious about exercising on a daily basis.  I happened to be wandering around Stillwater, MN at the  time of this inward reflection.  
This town is the "birthplace of MN."
There are many unique shops and it is old.  Relatively speaking!

While there, I happened to see many people climbing up and down some steps.
I always knew about "the steps," but never figured out where they were and what they were all about.
Now I know!

Lots and lots of people use these steps as part of their exercise routine too!  I might add that they are ALOT better at it than I am!  Most climb the steps two by two.

 I resumed my climb for the season  last evening.  

Once a week, this is where I am!
 Many many steps!    A perfect stair step routine!  Huffing and puffing, up and down I go.
One guy RAN up and down.  I affectionately referred to him as "showoff!"

The weather was near perfect last night.  Not too hot, not too cool.  There are days in the heat of the summer where I think I am crazy for doing this, but I press on!
It is hard to stay focused though...you should smell the restaurant food wafting up those stairs.  Tempting to just quit and go have a burger instead!

See what I mean...EAT or climb these steps!
I stayed on task and finished.  I go up and down 5x.  As I write, my legs are in pain!  I may have overdid it a bit the first time through!
The view from the top is pretty spectacular!  Worth every breath.

What do you do for exercise?




No comments:

Post a Comment