Thursday, July 9, 2015

The WOW factor

How many National Parks have you visited in America?

I have been spending WAY too much time reminiscing about our trips to this great nation's National Parks.
We took our kids on a two week adventure back in 2005.  Many of the Parks made their way into our memory bank.
This is a page in my scrapbook.  Pictures just don't show the majesty of such a place.  We are at Bryce Canyon's Amphitheater in this photo.  It's indescribable.  All the parks are.  Just try to find a favorite photo.  Better yet...a favorite park.

Each one has its own uniqueness.

Inspiration Point in Bryce Canyon will truly inspire you.

It really is possible to be two places at once.  How many can say they have straddled the Continental Divide in Rocky Mountain National Park?  Ohhh Ohhhh...pick me, pick me!

Landscape Arch in Arches National Park oohed and aahed many hikers, including us!

Capital Reef had petroglyphs.  What are those you ask?  Art.  Drawings carved in stone that will last longer than you and me.   We also saw Navajo Dome.  My kids said, "it looks like a hershey's kiss."  I'm thinking the hiking was making them hungry!

Zion was a trip!  Driving through the Mt Carmel tunnel was an adventure just in itself.  You gotta try it sometime!

My husband and I, along with 3 other friends walked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon a few years after this trip.  ALL THE WAY to the bottom?  Yep.  The WAY bottom.    We are now among the 1% of the world's population that has made it all the way down to the bottom of the canyon.  A true feat for sure.  I still can't believe we did that.

I have climbed the Beehive in Acadia National Park.
Hiked in Denali National Park.
My husband and son climbed Half Dome in Yosemite.  Now there's a beautiful place.  Can't miss the wonder of that park.

Yellowstone.
One park I haven't set  eyes on.  BUT, I am going to find out all the great things about Yellowstone in the upcoming week!  Eeeeeeekkkkkkk.....I CAN'T WAIT!!!  I am so excited.

I'll tell you all about it when I return.

Oh...one last thing.  Because I will be experiencing such great adventures in the wild, I won't have access, (or I guess I should be honest, I am making sure I don't have access) to internet!

So, I will see you back here July 23rd.  Hope you are having your own great adventures this summer.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment