Monday, August 31, 2015

Her

She grew up away from the bustle of life in London at an estate called Althorp.

How refreshing it must have been for her to get away from the click of cameras and the paparazzi chasing her every move.   The drive to the estate surely put her at ease.

 On this date in history, she died.  I remember the day well.  It took my breath away.  I could not believe she was gone.  Her death shocked the world.  What a tragedy.  I watched the news coverage for days.  I bought every magazine and newspaper article printed, and I made sure I knew the time difference to  watch  full coverage of the funeral.
I watched as the hearse made its way to her final resting place.  The island in the middle of Oval Lake on Althorp property.  Right then I dreamed of one day visiting these peaceful grounds.  
So much has changed in the years since her death.  William got married to his love, they now have two adorable children, and one day, he will be king.  I am quite sure he finds the time to get away and row a small boat to the island.  There he can reflect and be alone at the grave of his beloved mother in peace.  Noone is allowed on the island.  Only family.
Not sure how long fans of Diana will be able to visit this sacred place.  I am so grateful I got the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment