Monday, January 11, 2016

Dialog

The tea is brewed, and the ginger cookies are ready!
Let another episode of Downton begin!  It's 1925! I love that time period. I should have been born back then!
(I love my teacup.  It's from my friend Paula in Spain!)

"Don't be such a ninny." That Mary.  She is so rude to Edyth. I'm thinking they will never get along.
Mary does have a soft spot. I know its in there somewhere because look how she is helping Anna. Poor Anna. But she does have that handsome Mr. Bates. "To me we are one person."  Be still my heart!

The enemy lines are being drawn. Cousin Isabel and The Dowager are on opposite sides concerning the hospital. The allies are joining Isabel--including Cora.  YIKES! Don't mess with the Dowager. Isn't that typical--daughter in law against mother in law!  (just for the record--I had the BEST mother in law a girl could ever ask for.) Could they really be "embarking on a civil war?"

I love Julian Fellowes' writing!  The dialog is epic!

Mrs Hughes should be able to have her reception wherever she wants. She's the bride. I pick the schoolhouse over the Great Hall. Fight for what you want Mrs. Hughes! Best line..."It's not us. It's not who we are..." And then she talks about "The Blessed Lady Mary." Ha! You go girl. Don't let Lady Mary win!

And then there is Mrs. Drew. I feel so sorry for her.

The best line in this whole episode was from Mr. Drew...

"We forgot about emotions. Emotions will trip you up every time...."  

  And who loses in the end?  ---Mrs. Drew....So sad.

Until next week...










No comments:

Post a Comment