Monday, January 25, 2016

Tea as a communicator

Tea Time is one of my favorite magazines.
 Inside are recipes, tea events that maybe I can attend, necessary tea things to buy, and on the back page are stories (usually nonfiction) of ways in which tea has added to the author's life.
I found this particular story intriguing.
 The author, Beth Morrison, writes about how years ago, her marriage "hit a rough patch."  "It felt as if my husband and I were drifting apart..."

She continues..."we began sharing a cup of green tea in the evenings...We began to talk, share, and reconnect over cups of tea.... I often joke that tea saved our marriage, which probably is more truth than fiction."

The author now gives a mug and a fine tea cup to couples for their wedding....mismatched, on purpose.

Beth  writes "...These mismatched mugs serve as a symbol that a couple is stronger when different... make daily communication  a relationship priority...."


I started thinking about this fine ritual and realized hubby and I actually do this more often than I thought! Here is his mug and one of my tea cups!  (from my dear England friend, Marion.  She brought it for me on a recent trip to the States! )

I love the idea of giving this as a gift to bride/grooms.  I am going to start this unique gift idea!

Have you ever read Tea Time? Here's the link to learn more. Oh, and yes, the article in this issue about Downton Abbey (with the REAL owners) is exceptional!  I REALLY want to visit!   Guests have been arriving at Highclere since 1988! What a royal treat to be able to view the grounds of Downton Abbey. I can only IMAGINE!

http://www.teatimemagazine.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment