Monday, May 16, 2016

A place to stay

Bed and breakfasts in the UK are a royal treat. That is an understatement.
I had no idea what to expect when the four of us drove  to our first Inn. (By the way, only one of us drove!  That would be John.  I can barely keep up with traffic in the USA, let alone driving on the WRONG side of the road in the UK. I'm bowing to John right now---wink wink!)

Does this photo give you a clue as to what might have been going through my mind?
Pinch me,  because this couldn't possibly be where we are staying, could it?
The view out our bedroom window.
My "yellow brick road." (The driveway!)
I spent lots of time in the gardens. Magnificent. There are no words.
I could live here. Forever. And ever.
I'm counting the days to my happy place arrival!  We leave in 33 days! Squeeeeeee!!!

One of the lovely hotels we get to rest our heads on this trip is George Hotel in Rye. The Inn dates back to 1575. Can you believe that? 1575! I'm so excited to see it. I can't stand the wait!

Take a peek for yourself.

http://thegeorgeinrye.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment