Monday, January 2, 2017

Princess

London is where she spent the last days of her life.

I've spent a bit of time viewing past interviews and tributes to Carrie Fisher. I have to admit, I've never seen Star Wars. GASP!

Science Fiction is just not my genre. I was dragged to the movie theater last year to see the latest one. I fell asleep! However, I do know Carrie Fisher played Princess Leia. Did you know if she had known the movie would gain such notoriety, she would have turned down the role? Having famous parents, she was very familiar with the costs of being famous. Being a movie star isn't all its cracked up to be.

Carrie Fisher was quite a writer. I'm anxious to read her books. I didn't realize she dealt with Bipolar disorder. I am well acquainted with that disease. Not only does it affect the person diagnosed, but those around them. It's an ugly sickness.  

I'm sorry for her family. Not only did they lose Carrie, but also Debbie Reynolds the very next day. It's a classic case of a broken heart. The mother simply could not live without her daughter. May they both rest in peace.

I love these wise words from Carrie...

"Stay afraid,
but do it anyway.
What's important is the action.
You don't have to
wait to be confident.
Just do it and eventually
the confidence will follow"



No comments:

Post a Comment