Thursday, December 29, 2016

Happy Birthday, Sista

Today is my sister's birthday. She's 40 something.
She's really good at a lot of things. Like, for instance, pouring!

I'm the big sister. Yes, that means I'm older than her. By more than a few years, I might add.  SIGH.

I always thought she got the short end of the stick  having a birthday so close to Christmas. It kind of stinks,actually. But she makes the best of it. Today we are celebrating her day.
She wants to go here. 
We may be sisters, but we are totally different when it comes to shopping.  That's her thing. Not mine. (I'm going, by the way!) I'm such a great sister!

Another thing she likes to do is run. I only run if something is chasing me!

She got all the brains in the family. (Sorry Bro!)  She's the dean of students in a private school. Yep. Smart.

Years ago now, she had a brain aneurysm. I didn't even know what that was, let alone try to spell it. It's still hard to think about. We almost lost her. It was an extremely stressful time.

Birthdays are made to celebrate.  A few days ago, I was reading about birthdays in my Simple Abundance book.   I highly recommend purchasing this great read. Sarah Ban Breathnach writes..."Today isn't my birthday, but it might be yours. If it is, I hope you're having a wonderful day--a day of authentic indulgences, joyful simplicities, contemplation, closure, and celebration...I do need to distinguish the birth day of my life in special ways from the rest of the calendar."

I thought those were wise words. I plan on taking the day off work for my birthday this next year. We all should. After all, it's the day we were born. Life. It's a beautiful thing.

I hope you have the most splendid day celebrating the gift of you, my sister. I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment