Monday, February 20, 2017

Letter




                         "Letters mingle souls."
                                    -JOHN DONNE


How true the above quote is. I received a letter meant only for me. One of a kind. The weighty envelope had hearts and sunshine drawn on the back and scrolled so eloquently was my name on the front.

I held it close to my heart and whispered her name.  Paula.

I carefully opened the seal and pulled out the various "bits and bobs."  (don't you just love that! I can hear Paula talking.) The beauty of handwritten notes is hearing the sender speaking through words.

A charm spilled out.  Tucked between the pages of this cute little pamphlet on tea.
  The quote inside reads "Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world."-Tien Yiheng

Well spoken, Tien. Well said.

I can just picture Paula writing me this letter I'm smiling at, glancing over while writing this post.

"I'm writing this having breakfast in a local bar-it's a fabulous sunny but very windy day..."

She goes on to let me know she bought the above card in London! She saw it in a bookstore and thought of me. Isn't that lovely!  She thought of me while on holiday in England. I'm just so thrilled. Her writing is an art. A gift. This letter is one that I will cherish and read again and again. That's the beauty of a handwritten note. Paula took the time to write to me, think of me while enjoying a sunny morning in Spain!

Paula is a wife and mother to two adorable daughters. She is a dear friend that I have the privilege of knowing. Thanks to social media, she's a click away, but wow. I have her cards and letters which are priceless to me. I keep them in my journal and when I need a "Paula fix," all I have to do is pull them out and ponder what she might be doing at that particular moment.

I also love to click through all the photos taken while on holiday with her in Spain. Pictures are treasures as well.

Philippians 1:3   "...I thank my God every time I remember you..."

Oh, and Paula...when we meet again, the chocolate chip scones will be on the menu-wink wink!!




No comments:

Post a Comment