Monday, August 14, 2017

Fun Surprises

Such a wonderful surprise to open a book or magazine and be able to say, "Oh wow,  I know exactly where this photo was taken-I've been there!"
That's exactly what happened when I opened this month's issue of the Victoria magazine.
The first three photos are from the magazine.

The next two are mine. I thought it was fun to look back at my Bath photos and see the similarities.
The above picture is obviously me! Couldn't wipe the smile off my face the whole holiday.  I was in England!

Victoria is celebrating the beloved author, Jane Austen, through the pages of this issue. This is the year of Jane. It has been 200 years since she passed away. The city of Bath is mentioned in all of Jane Austen's novels. A fact I had not thought of before.
In September,  Austen fans dressed in Regency attire, will arrive in droves to honor the queen of literature. I wish I was one of them.

My writer friend, Julie Klassen, will be among those adorned in style.  So will many of her reader fans. She's taking a group to England in less than a month. I do wish I was going, but a far more important processional demands my attendance.( My daughter's wedding.)
Speaking of Julie. Here she is with her very own Mr. Darcy in the magazine! How fun for her! Such a fun surprise to recognize her in such a popular magazine!
http://julieklassen.com/

If you love Regency, she's your author!

This is the inside page. A view of the very famous Arlington Row cottages in the Cotswolds.
 And this is my photo. Pretty much the same picture, minus the stroller photobomb!

If you ever venture to England, the Cotswolds is a must see.  In the meantime, grab the latest Victoria. It will put you in my happy place the moment you open the first page.





 




No comments:

Post a Comment