Thursday, February 8, 2018

What are you giving up?

It's that time of year. Lent.
I've had many ask me, "What are you giving up for lent this year?"

My answer is simple. Nothing.

To me it's more about what I'm gaining and learning.

I'm excited to read through this book during lent. Even more fun is the fact this is my friend Amy's published works!  She's from America, but now lives in England.  I expect to see her while on holiday in England later this summer.

Not just throughout lent, but all through my year of jubilee, I've made a commitment to writing one letter a day.
I love to write others and got the idea while watching the movie Julie and Julia.
Have you watched?
(I was trying to give you the link, but the URL wouldn't let me. SIGH)

Youtube the Julie and Julia trailer.

It's basically about Julie, who loves Julia Child. Julie decides to cook Julia's recipes for an entire year. She loves to eat!

Well, I love to write. I'll be sending lots of snail mail all over the country (world too!) throughout the year!
It's a great goal if I do say so myself.

What am I giving up? Absolutely nothing, except maybe a bit of time. But, I'm gaining the fact that I'm doing something creative that hopefully will bless lots and lots of people who normally go to their mailboxes and pull out junk mail and bills!

How about you? Giving anything up for Lent?






No comments:

Post a Comment