Monday, February 26, 2018

Grief

      Today begins the process for my friend Jodie to say goodbye to her beloved, Michael.
Actually, that started last Monday when he unexpectedly died. It just gets real today and tomorrow as many will come to pay their respects.

I've thought of her constantly.
Eventually, I will pass this book along to her. It's a journal of sorts, written by C.S.Lewis. He wrote it when he lost his wife, Joy. It's raw and real. The way a journal should be.

He writes, "No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear. I am not afraid, but the sensation is like being afraid...At other times it feels like being mildly drunk, or concussed. There is a sort of invisible blanket between the world and me. I find it hard to take in what anyone says."

There are so many wise words within the pages of this book.
Grief.
My heart is with her.

                

No comments:

Post a Comment