Thursday, September 20, 2018

Doesn't seem that long ago

Many of my writer friends are gathering this week for the annual ACFW writers conference. This year it takes place in Nashville at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel.

I so wish I was there.

I took a trip down memory lane last night. 2014. My first conference. We traveled to St Louis. I learned so much and met lots of new friends. SIGH...
Also managed to do some sightseeing. Have you ever been to the top of the Arch? Checked that one off the bucket list while at the conference. It's a bit tight, but the ride to the top is well worth the views.
Every year at the conference you get to play dress up. You can dress like one of your characters you write about. Yep...that's a fascinator on my head. Much like the ones worn at royal weddings.
Can you guess where I like to write about? Hmmmm...That's a hard one!
I got to meet many authors. This is Deborah Raney. One of my favorites. She wrote A Vow to Cherish, which was turned into a movie. Yep...she's living my dream. And she is so very kind. A highlight of my trip was meeting her.
This is my friend, Julie Klassen. She's a historical regency fiction writer. She's an extremely talented writer and she loves England...maybe even more than me. GASP!!

I'm having fun looking at Facebook posts of everyone meeting  up with friends in Tennessee.  Maybe next year I'll be able to attend. Here's hoping.     

No comments:

Post a Comment