Monday, December 3, 2018

Before Leaving

Just a few candid shots of London before we move on to the countryside.
These are a few of my favorite London serendipitous moments.   

I'd like to think this bunting is waving at me! We walked past this pub nightly due to the fact that our hotel was mere feet from its front door. English pubs are so inviting. I'm convinced relationships are strengthened because of them.
 Relaxing over the noon hour in the parks.
Once upon a time they were used to make a phone call. Technology is a good thing, I know. But I hope these iconic booths never disappear completely from the London landscape.
 Love the signs for the underground. Notice it really does say TOILETS. I giggled many times throughout this holiday as the English educated me on that very term. It's not bathroom or restroom as we like to say.

One tour guide matter-of-fact replied to me, "A bathroom is for taking a bath. Is that what you plan to do in there, take a bath?" 

TOILET  just sounds rough for some reason, doesn't it?  But, the English are very proper, and if they're okay with it, then so am I!
Finally got to visit the Victoria and Albert museum.
Sadly, the  Beatrix Potter exhibition was on tour. SIGH. On the list for the next holiday to England.
Flat. Not an apartment. A flat.
I'm using this photo to visualize my fictional character living here for my novel!
The swans at Hyde Park. Stunning isn't it.
The famous Peter Pan statue.
It took me quite a long while to snap this photo without people in it. Patience!
This was our walk to get on the bus from our hotel. We always had great weather.
London is a wonderful city full of great adventures.
The stuff of fairy tales.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment