Thursday, January 10, 2019

Book Club

For being such a book lover, I have never been in a book club.

I have a good friend that raves about hers. The group has been reading together for over sixteen years. Sixteen years.
This is my year of intention. Time to find one. 

Not long after deciding, I happened to be at my library. As fate would have it, there at the counter in plain sight was my invite. Don't you love the advertisement? No need to try and persuade me. I was all in. Where do I sign up?

 The first meeting is next week. We travel to different restaurants in the county where I live. Books and food. Win win! The first four books have already been chosen.
What I already knew about book clubs is that the picks are usually ones you probably wouldn't choose to read for yourself. Different genres are good. Keeps you well read.

Here's the first book of the year...
It's about hockey. That's all I know so far, but there's a deeper story within these pages. I'll let you know how it ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment