Monday, January 28, 2019

Trail

Why yes, yes I did complete my writing goal this weekend. Thanks for asking! Now I have a new goal. March 15. Contest entry deadline.
 
One foot in front of the other. Walt Disney once said..."It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Onward! Now back to England I go for this post!

Remember...we're in Jane Austen territory!

Once we settled into our bed and breakfast and had a bite to eat, we went for a walk through the village. Our innkeepers gave us a trail map. And not just any old map. A Jane Austen Trail map!

Come on along. I'll show you the highlights.

 I have to admit, I'm really bad at reading maps. Like, really really bad. Just ask Mr. Wonderful. When we started, I thought there would be signs for every stop along the way. Wrong!  Not that simple. You actually have to read the map. Go figure!  I'm so lost without my hubby. Just saying!
First stop. 1 High Street.
A place Jane Austen dined at one time.
4 High Street
Jane Austen doctor lived here. 
10 High Street
Bank
Swan Hotel and 31-33 High Street
The coach stopped here. Jane hitched a ride sometimes from here to London.
74 High Street
Surgeon home
89 High Street
The family who worked on the cottage that is now the Jane Austen museum once lived here.
106-110 High Street
Jane Austen brother James once lived here.
 


This is a photo of the village. I could live here. Easily. It's just a quaint little place to amble down the streets at a quiet pace.
And to be so close to where Jane Austen walked. Oh the joy. I love English villages.
That and the smell of lavender. Go ahead. Take a big whiff.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment