Thursday, February 28, 2019

Commute

Yesterday was by far the worst day of my commute to work for the entire winter season thus far.

The roads were covered in black ice.
For those of you unfamiliar with the term black ice, it's bad. Really bad. Think skating rink. Only it's doubly slippery. It's a thin coating of ice that's so hard to see because the roads are naturally black from the pavement. Cold temperatures and an early morning snow fall made for the perfect storm in driving.

A thin sheet of black ice covered the roads all the way into work. Semis inched along. Cars pumped their brakes only to land in the ditch. I saw it. Three times. Eeek!

I was an hour late for work and I left forty minutes earlier than I normally do.

Tomorrow is March 1. No rest for the weary as we are in a winter storm watch AGAIN. I love winter. I really do. But driving in it is the pits. Just ask all those motorists caught in the 131 car pile up in Wisconsin. Want to know what it's like to drive in winter weather? Go google that accident. It's one for the books.





No comments:

Post a Comment