Monday, February 25, 2019

What would you do?

It's no secret how much I love England.
I could live there.

As you know, I spent a good portion of a day in Jane Austen territory. It was lovely. Whenever I need a break from daily life, I head to my photos and start reminiscing.

While ambling through the museum, I found this display in one of the buildings.

In case you didn't know, Jane wrote many many letters to her sister Cassandra over her life time.  A woman after my own heart! AND, she wrote those letters using a quill pen.  It's hard enough to pen a letter these days, let alone write one with a quill pen.

I tried it. It ain't easy! Just saying.
Anyway, back to the letters.
Here's the dilemma Cassandra faced.
See what I mean?
So, what would you do? It's a great question.
Here's what Cassandra did.
It's sad to think how much more we would know about Jane had Cassandra kept all those letters. But she had her reasons, and I understand that. I've written in many many journals over the years and decided a few years back to burn them. Some things are better left in ashes.  Agree? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment