Monday, June 24, 2019

THE bridge

One of my favorite sites in England...

I know, I know. I keep saying that..."One of my favorite sites..." 

It's true. I have many.
But, really. This is one not to miss. It's in Shropshire. Ironbridge. The first bridge in the world to be made of cast iron. It's a wonder to see.

On this holiday, I knew the bridge was under construction. I knew I likely wouldn't be able to see it, but I went into a bit of hyperventilation when I actually got there and saw this...
Eeeek. Major shock to my system! Nothing to see here, people. How disappointing for those who maybe didn't know it was under wraps and the shock it must have been for them. UGH.
This is what it looked like when I saw it for the first time.  Breathtaking. 
My dear friend John brought us here back in 2009. I'm so very grateful to him and his wife, Yvonne. We had the best holiday. We never would have found Shropshire and Iron Bridge on our own. Thank you just doesn't seem to be enough to say how very grateful I am.
The village is idyllic. Typical England fashion.


Back to reality and 2019. The bridge is now restored.  I've read the bridge is back to its original red-brown color.
I see a trip in my future.


No comments:

Post a Comment