Monday, October 14, 2019

Sheep

Taking a break from my England holiday Monday posts to show you this.
I took this photo while I was at Althorp and then commissioned my friend Toni to paint it for me.
It's the landscape around the Estate where Princess Diana grew up. Wouldn't you love to have lived there? 
I love this painting. I can't stop looking at it. I think I love the sheep the most. They remind me of me and how I need a shepherd. They lack nothing because sheep know they are taken care of. Their shepherd will come find them if they get lost.

Did you know sheep listen to their shepherd's voice and will only follow that voice?


And did you know sheep will only drink from still waters? They won't drink from water if it is moving too fast. Incredible, isn't it?


The shepherd counts his sheep as they come into the gate and will leave the flock and go out and search for the one lost sheep. That one sheep is valued. Just like you and me.

I love the 23rd Psalm.
I realize it is the go to Psalm for funerals, but I like to think of it as my confidence in knowing that the Lord truly is my shepherd and he will lead me in the way I should go. That gives me great comfort. I hope the same for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment