Monday, September 29, 2014

Bits of England

Sorry the blog is a bit late, but whew!, it is still Monday!

While in St Louis, I managed to find tiny hints of England.   Here we go!
Thursday evening we enjoyed a genre dinner.  This is an opportunity to dress up and show the genre in which we write.   We can dress up like our character would in our novels.  Really, anything we would like.  Obviously, within good taste.  So, it would not be a good idea to have  a gun on you if you wrote westerns.  The hotel staff would not be impressed!    Some dressed up, some didn't.
 
    Here I am with authors Julie Klassen and James Rubart.  Julie and I are kindred spirits.  We both love England!  Notice Julie is not wearing her name tag.  That almost cost her dinner!  The staff was not going to allow her in without it!  Good thing we vouched for her!
                                                   I loved the scarf!
                                                    Me and Julie's phones.
The "selfie" turned out pretty good of Julie and I.
Found one of Julie's books on sale in the conference bookstore.  She writes historical and gets to visit England for research.  Yes...I am jealous!
I will tell you more about this book on next Monday's blog.  I am half way through it.  This book won 2 awards at the Awards Gala dinner on Saturday night.  I am LOVING this book.

It was great to be at the conference.  I have great memories, but wow, it is nice to be home.

                                                                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment