Thursday, January 1, 2015

Believe

Happy New Year

It is true.  The word picks you.
 I started paying attention a few weeks ago.

First there was the stocking.    I knew the word was on it.  After all, I hang it every year.  Truthfully...never paid much notice until the red word winked at me.
My radar was up.  

It rolled along side me on the interstate acting as a moving billboard.   BELIEVE.  On the side of the semi.   "Yoohoo, your word maam!"

I daily read a devotion.  On this particular day, I was spent.  Didn't feel like reading anything but decided to just do it.  I open to the words, "Do I Believe?"  Hmmmm...

One night, I was reading.  There in the pages..."Will you BELIEVE?  Will you BELIEVE in miracles?

Flipping through the Macy's ad.  Red, bright magical word...BELIEVE.

Front of a card...the word BELIEVE.

One of my daughter's graduation cards..."The future belongs to those who BELIEVE in the beauty of their dreams."

A patient in the office where I work walked in from the reception area with the word BELIEVE splattered on her sweatshirt.

A friend's house.  There on her counter.  BELIEVE spelled out just for me to observe.

Listening to Josh Groban on the radio..."There's no time to waste.  Give your dreams the wings to fly.  You have everything you need--If you just BELIEVE."

And then this...

Dreamers padding through the  festive wonder of Christmas at the annual story of the Elves at Macy's.   I stood there mesmerized.  Indeed, my word.  Floating.  I had to laugh.  I said out loud, "Ok.  I get it.  BELIEVE is my word!"

I'm thinking lots is going to happen with this word this year.    I mean, just look at what it had to do to clinch a position in my journal!

I BELIEVE 2015 is going to be some year.




    


No comments:

Post a Comment