Thursday, January 8, 2015

I "wob" her

Friends--they are kind to
               each others hopes.
               They cherish each others
               dreams.

                                       ----Thoureau

 I drove in to my driveway and she pulled in right behind me.  Like an angel, she  appeared.  
She was thinking of me and had to stop by.  
I should have invited her in.  Instead we stood outside my car door, shivering as the snow whipped around us.
It was a quick hello.  She gifted me with a hug and a brown bag.  As swiftly as she arrived, she was gone.
I went inside, thankful for a garage and heat in my house.  Unwrapping my scarf and unbuttoning my coat, I opened the letter first.
Warm words spilled from the page.   Such love for me.  I was overwhelmed.

The gift......
This was my word for 2014.

Paula  gets the word thing.  My heart is glad.

I have been given much in this past year.  More than I could possibly have imagined.  But mostly, I have been given the gift of learning to trust more.
Friendships have deepened.  I am grateful I took some risks in being vulnerable to others.

Because I am learning to trust more, I BELIEVE it will be a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment