Monday, November 14, 2016

A dream



                     "Come in! Come in, and know me better."
                                      -Spirit of Christmas Present
                                    A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

Last night I had the fireplace going and made myself a cup of hot tea.  I settled in to watch a movie.

One my favorite authors, Robin Jones Gunn,  has waited more than five years to see this movie to fruition.  That's a mighty long time to wait for a dream.

Finding Father Christmas.
You can find it on the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries Channel.

The book takes place in the fictitious village of Carlton Heath, England. The movie was in fictitious Carlton Heath, Vermont. Either place, it was idyllic! Vermont is a New England state!

Miranda is the main character. She goes on this journey from Seattle to Vermont. Her goal is to find out who her father is. She needs to know where she belongs. Such a great theme. We were created with a deep need to belong.

It's Christmas. A time of year Miranda never looks forward to. Her mother was an actress. She died while on stage performing her part in the play, A Christmas Carol.

She arrives in Vermont surrounded by Christmas. Snow, a quaint Inn, Carolers, scones, tea, and lighting of the Christmas tree.

I won't give the rest away just in case you might want to view it for yourself, but I was right at home there in the idyllic village of Carlton Heath. I could live there. My favorite author knocked this story out of the park. She has written now 93 books. Yep. 93! This one just might be my new favorite!

I heard this movie will be played 20 times throughout the holiday season. I will definitely be watching at least one more time! At least!

We all have them. Dreams. I'm waiting on a dream myself. Sometimes I want to give up, but there's a little fire in me that keeps its embers burning. It's good to have dreams. They keep us hoping and make us reach deeper and farther than we thought we ever had the guts to go. And just when we think its over and we want to give up...it happens.
I can't even imagine what it must have been like for Robin to watch her book be made into a movie. A movie! What a thrill.
It couldn't have happened to a kinder author. No, I haven't met her in person (that's a dream-wink wink!) but I have written to her AND she wrote me back!

I would highly recommend the book. Watch the movie too!
www.robingunn.com.



3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this movie. I just bought this first and second movie so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this movie if been watching it every year since it came out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go see this place and just injoy it I love small towns I want to move to a small town someday like this

    ReplyDelete