Thursday, November 23, 2017

Grateful

Thanksgiving. A day to give thanks for all of the many blessings we take for granted. 

We received the news last evening of yet another setback for our friends. Their little guy (18 months) was diagnosed with a brain tumor a few months ago. Dang cancer.

He has already endured more surgeries than a little tyke should ever have to, and yet yesterday was another. Fluid was found. And so he spends Thanksgiving in the hospital.

As if that weren't enough, his mother serves our country and will be leaving on Monday for a tour.
(I could really go off on a tangent concerning all those NFL players kneeling right now...SIGH) 

Instead, I will be grateful for every single person who walks through my front door today. I will sit in wonder at all I have.  Things like health and food and water and a gem for a husband and 3 great kids and TIME and sight and smell and taste and feel and hearing. For friends in Spain and England and here in the USA. For jobs and a warm bed. For tea and chocolate.

Oh I have so much. May I never take any of it for granted.

Happy Thanksgiving.





No comments:

Post a Comment