Thursday, November 2, 2017

Sleepovers

Meet Alicia.
My forever pal since the 5th grade.

We haven't spent much time together since our junior year in high school, but we've managed to stay in touch.
We were bridesmaids for each other in our weddings,  and always send Christmas letters. 

My daughter just got married and I wanted to be sure Alicia was there.
We literally screamed and danced around when we saw each other. Giddy. That's how we roll. We thoroughly enjoy each other's company and can pick up where we left off when last seeing each other.

While at the wedding, we decided enough was enough. We must plan to spend time together at least once a month. 

And so it has begun. We've been through a lot in our lives. The tales are crazy unbelievable. It has made life more meaningful for both of us.

Sleepovers were our thing growing up. I spent many many nights at her house. I loved her parents and had a secret crush on her brother, Ed. What girl didn't? He was a babe! I say was because sadly, he has passed away. A story for another time.

Alicia and I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning giggling and having facials with those masks that would harden on our face until we could peel them off! Funny the things we remember.
Footloose was our go to movie and we ate way too much chocolate.

Alicia texted me this week and asked if I wanted to come over for a sleepover at her house. Would I?
Took me about two seconds to say YES!
I can't wait!
We are going to have a sleepover! THIS WEEKEND!
Complete with jammies and wine and Hallmark movies!
Did I say I can't wait?
I am so looking forward to spending time together with her.
This was us at LOLO's restaurant in Stillwater last week. We are committed to our time together. 

I do hope you have the joy of having an Alicia in your life. I am so very grateful I have been gifted such a dear friend from the early parts of my childhood.

Our hubbys are the best as they understand our deep need to be together. I would do anything for my sweet friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment