Monday, June 4, 2018

Passions

My nephew graduated from high school and thus, we celebrated his milestone this weekend.

Graduations stimulate much pondering. Its about the 'what-ifs.'

I've read the question What are you passionate about? much in recent weeks due to this season of one chapter ending, and another beginning. 

So, what am I passionate about?
It's a loaded question.

I've finally named my Mini. After several months of pondering, meet Diana!
I love my car. It's not that I'm passionate about a car.  They rust and break down and definitely don't last forever.
Maybe its the years I've dreamed about having one. I'm not sure. But, as Dr Seuss would say...
Oh the places you'll go.

I believe now more than ever you must dream big dreams. And then, go after them. Because no one is going to do it for you.  
For reasons all my own, I love England. I was with a lot of family this weekend and it was the first time most had seen my Mini.
I found it satisfying when they said, "Of course you bought a Mini. It is so you." None were surprised when I told them I was soon off to my happy place. My family associates me with England.

I'm researching exactly what to do while there with great anticipation.
Oxford is on the list.

Specifically, Blackwells.
It's a famous bookstore in Oxford that's older than old.
Miles and miles of bookshelves are waiting for me to peruse.

Mostly though, its about a dream. A big one. And maybe I will never achieve it, but it's my dream. My passion. To have a book on a shelf with my name on it. And to say it out loud somehow gives it possibility.
I just don't want to get to the end of my life and say... I should have gone after that dream. What if I had?

I never thought I would get to England once, let alone three times. It seemed too far fetched to even consider such an outlandish dream.

I'm having the time of my life pondering all that is in store this holiday. It's right around the corner.

What if I didn't go after the dream of traveling to England? I shutter the thought! 

Passions. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment