Monday, March 21, 2016

A Review

I found it! A near perfect magazine of anglophile joy!
The cover sucked me in, but the content kept me turning page after page.
Are you an anglophile? Yes? Well, THIS magazine is just for you. A MUST  for all anglophiles-- like me!
I bought it! I had to. It called my name!  Gail, come, buy me.... 

Okay, not exactly, but still. It's SO FUN to go to  my happy place in yet another awesome read.

I didn't get the first issue--BUMMER--there are no more paper copies.  BUT, I did get it in digital form. RUN to their site and check if there are any left!
www.anglotopia.net.

Some things I learned in this issue:

Isle of Portland is made famous for their Portland Stone. A stone used in building St. Paul's Cathedral and Buckingham Palace.
Abbotsbury A village made famous by caring over 600 years for a flock of swans. I'd love to see that. 
 West Bay.  Famous for the filming of Broadchurch.
Taking a picture of a picture on my computer doesn't do it justice, but you get the idea!  The photography in this magazine is stellar. You really won't be sorry!

The Spanish Armada.  
 I am soon going to Spain. I can't wait! I love history. So much we can learn if we took the time to expand our minds.


Did you know there are many 'names' for London? Me either! A few examples below...
Londinium
Lundenwic
Londontown
LDN-The text abbreviation for London. SIGH... JUST SPELL IT OUT-----L O N D O N!


The iconic Red Phone Booths. Did you know you can buy one? How much? Hmmmmm...I will leave you guessing, but I will say this---it's a lot!

In the back pages of the magazine are photos of  British actors, movie recommendations, books you might like to read, along with some fun British slang.
Do you know what Give you a Bell means? Or, how about Know your onions?

I love stumbling upon good reads.  I can hardly wait for the next issue.




No comments:

Post a Comment