Thursday, March 10, 2016

My son

Love You Forever by Robert Munsch

A favorite children's book.

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."

My sweet boy turned 23 yesterday.
He's not a baby anymore. Bummer!

"..at night time, when that teenager was asleep, the mother opened the door to his room, crawled across the floor and looked up over the side of the bed. If he was really asleep she picked up that great big boy and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth..."

When Mark  was little, I would go and check on him while he slept in his crib. I would pick him up, cradle him in my arms and just hold him and smell him. That is just what a mother does! He just rolls his eyes when I tell him that!
  We were recently at a wedding.  My son and his buddies were there too. What a delight to laugh and dance the night away with them. Hubby and I took to the dance floor while the group watched us "try" to dance to Walk the Moon-Shut Up and Dance. So much fun. We asked Mark if we embarrassed him. His reply, "No. Actually a couple of my friends said they hoped they act like your parents when they are that age." I think that was a compliment...I think....

I delight in my son and daughter. I love being their mama. What a joy to celebrate the gift of their lives. Especially on their birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment