Thursday, March 24, 2016

My daughter

Last night, we were supposed to celebrate her...
My baby girl! She turned 26 this week.

What did you say? I didn't hear you. Could you repeat that?

"You don't look old enough to have a 26 year old."

Ha! Just had to make myself feel good there for a second! Yep--she is my sweet, lovely, 26 year old, grown up daughter.  I will love her forever.

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."

Love you Forever by Robert Munsch

I love to think about the days when I would  snuggle her, just the two of us, rocking back and forth. I would wrap her up tight in her blanket and hold her and smell her! Those were the days when we would read together and play all day long,  just because we could.

I couldn't wait to see her last night. I was so much looking forward to hugging her and enjoy the evening.
INSTEAD, this happened...
STUPID SNOW.  It's spring for pete's sake!  Sheesh!  Everything got cancelled, including our dinner at her favorite German restaurant. RATS!
Took me an hour and a half to get home...UGH!

I had flowers and her gift all set to go...
For now, I'm just thankful she is safe.

I sure delight in her. There is much to be grateful for. She makes life so fun. She is joyful and easy to be around. She doesn't hold grudges and is not into drama.  Lucky me!  She sets goals and usually meets them. This past year she went to Germany. AND, I find out while she was there, she went BY HERSELF on a train for 6 LONG HOURS to go see her beloved Neuschwanstein Castle.  I'm so glad I didn't know that until she returned home safely! Whew!   Good thing she can read a map!

  Kayla knows how to celebrate life and brings great friends along for the ride. My dear friend Yvonne made that cake for her when she graduated from college.  That cake there...the one with the wine glass on top and the Las Vegas theme....Yep...that pretty much defines my Kayla!

She will always be my baby girl. I'm the blessed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment